Interview with Betti Gefecht



October 2, 2010

Interview with @bettigefecht

Betti is a super-talented singer/songwriter/author/blogger/mom/wife/woman/badass(sorry Twinsie)/friend/blinkie maker
As well as authoring her own fic "Your True Colors", she wrote some excellent songs with @Morgan Locklear for both of their fic's.

She agreed to chat with me after we got to 'know' each other through Twitter. We have a lot in common...our age for one...which is a HUGE plus for me. We can relate on so many levels. I enjoy her sense of humor and am in awe of her talent. I am truly blessed to have made her acquaintance. We have so much fun!

Without further adieu...the "Interview"…


me: hey babes

bettigefecht: Yay!

me: k- so just wanted to start by saying that the first part of our chat will be about the music aspect, your association with MOG (@MorganLocklear), k?

bettigefecht: yup

me: And if there's anythingy you don't want to answer just say 'no comment' or some such journalistic mumbo jumbo

bettigefecht: LOL! ok just shoot

me: g-chat typing is being a bitch for me right now...so bear with me

bettigefecht: no prob

me: #1
so...heard you had sex today…?
...care to elaborate?

bettigefecht: Hahaha!!! Is that going to be part of the official interview, or are girl on girl right now?

me: kidding...lol

bettigefecht: I don't mind elaborating.

me: I like to break the ice...yes...go on...
I don't mind listening.

bettigefecht: ok....It was my first sex in months, thus the excitement *shrugs*

me: Mmmm-hmmm...

me: Are you married?

bettigefecht: yes

me: How long?

bettigefecht: Almost 30 years

me: oohh--we just celebrated 30 years In July

bettigefecht: woohoo - congrats

me: Hubs took me to Paris...Eiffel Tower...

bettigefecht: wow... very BV (Bella Voce)

me: so...how did you find Morgan Locklear?

bettigefecht: I was doing research on male fic writers, planning on a blogpost about them. I found a few, actually. When I read MOG's profile, I saw 'singer/songwriter' which piqued my interest of course. I listened to his songs, And then I started bugging the living shit outta him.

me: cool
How long did it take for him to bite?

bettigefecht: Oh boy, he was stubborn.
It took me three weeks I think, to kinda stand out of his army of fangirls. He just didn't take me serious in the beginning.

me: I bet he's a happy camper now

bettigefecht: OH YES!

me: Sooo...he has an army of fangirls?

bettigefecht: Yes... all the countless tweet girls drooling over the male writer.

me: I know...being a rarity...have to admit I fangirl-ed him a bit, too.

bettigefecht: lol
It took a while before he acknowledged that I am actually a serious musician.


me: How do you manage to collaborate on the songs?
Do you chat about content beforehand?

Bettigefecht: In this case, i.e. Morgan's song Watching NY Go By, he sent me an audio file with 'Carlisle's voice', a cappella, for starters. He also sent me Rosalie's voice. Then I started to mix things together, sang Rosalie's part and added Esme. We mailed back and forth a few times, so he could check intermediate results, until we were both fine with the end result.

me: Wow...sounds so complicated...how would he 'send' a particular voice?

bettigefecht: He drove me nuts, insisting on a harbor bell... duh! Try to find a harbor bell audio file...

me: lol

bettigefecht: He sang it and recorded it.

me: When you say Rose's/Esme's/Carlisle's...did he mix/change his own voice?

bettigefecht: He sent Carlisle and Rose in separate files. His Carlisle file is the one I used for the recording. The Rose file was just for me to learn the melody.

me: When was all this done?

Bettigefecht: It was done mid August, and took three or four days

me: It only took that long? MOG said you did most of the work...where did you learn to do it?

And how?

bettigefecht: I was a professional musician and made a living with it until 1991.

me: How old were you when you started? Obviously you're not just a singer/songwriter...you have a lot of computer background?

bettigefecht: I started to perform at the age of 14, going on tour with 'the older guys', you know. Won several prizes too. German record industry awards and shit. I met my husband, also a musician, when I was nineteen. So music was kinda my destiny, LOL.
Computer weren't used back then.


me: You must have to use them doing these collaborations right?

bettigefecht: Yes, it's all learning by doing.

me: Ok-so you're a braniac as well!

bettigefecht: It's not very professional standard tho. It's just for fun.
Hubs and I own a 'real' record studio.


me: cools

bettigefecht: But I don't use it for this stuff, hubs would get mad at me LOL

me: My son has a punk rock band...has done a couple of cd's
other son does electronic music online

bettigefecht: yay- talented kids...

me: Yeah, they don't fall from the tree...is your son musically inclined?

bettigefecht: He was. Had several cds out too. But he's more into art. He works as a game designer/comic artist/illustrator now, he has published some of his own comic novels in the US too btw.

me: That is cool--your son sounds talented.

bettigefecht: Did you see my music clip on Youtube for Do The Right Thing? Son and hubs are in it.

Me: Let's talk about the Master of the Universe tribute song...

Bettigehecht: Ok... MotU...

me: When did you make this song/video?

bettigefecht: Two weeks ago.

me: Really? It's uber-amazing and HOT!

bettigefecht: Thanks.

me: You also do blinkies and such...
*Cough* Have you done ones for many others, or just for yourself? *cough*

bettigefecht: lol - Mostly for others.

bettigefecht: throwing in youtube url http://www.youtube.com/bettigefecht

Me: Thanks for that! Now excuse me, have to go change my panties…

Bettigefecht: The family project is Do The Right Thing

Back to banners and blinkies.... I do them in a special kind of signature style, no usual manips
You gotta take it or leave it, it's always that certain style.


Me: Thought I saw/heard this: do you have a connection with @RoseArcadia?

bettigefecht: Oh yes, we became Twitter buddies just recently, and we've been mutually admiring each other from afar though.


me: That is cool...I've been a fan of her's as well for awhile now.

bettigefecht: She's great! And such a sweetheart too.

me: She told me to read Last Tango in Forks by @AwesomeSauce416...have you read?

bettigefecht: Oh yes, a must-read! Totes hot!!!

me: LOVE it, sooo much, too!

What style of music do you like to listen to?

bettigefecht: Uhm... I don't listen to music.

me: Oh...ok. You're like my hubs...he used to write songs and said it would mess his up.

bettigefecht: Something like that, yes.
I don't even have a stereo in my living area.


me: Really? What instruments do you play?

bettigefecht: Almost everything except for brass.

me: Were you professionally taught?

bettigefecht: No.

me: Do you read music or play by ear?

bettigefecht: Yes, by ear, it's convenient, I can read music though.

me: Which instrument do you enjoy playing the most?

bettigefecht: Guitar.

me: Acoustic?

bettigefecht: Yes, but most of all I enjoy...not having to play any instrument at all!!!

me: Wish I could play guitar...
Do you mostly sing?

bettigefecht: You can still learn.

me: I play piano.

bettigefecht: Yes, singing is better than sex.

me: WHAT??

bettigefecht: Yup.

me: Now I see why you hadn't in such a while...hmmm...

bettigefecht: LOL
THAT's not
the reason.
Maybe I would think differently if I had more sex.

me: Ok...don't believe I'm going to say this..but for the love of your singing...DON'T!

bettigefecht: Haha

me: So, do you see yourself coming to the U.S. to meet up with MOG and do some gigs?

bettigefecht: Nope. I'm coming to the US again in March 2011, but I won't get anywhere near the place he lives.

me: I would so be there, if you did.

bettigefecht: Awww...

me: Maybe you guys could arrange to meet ...where will you be?

bettigefecht: IOWA

me: Iowa?

bettigefecht: yes
me: Personal or music related?

bettigefecht: Personal, seeing my girlfriend again.

me: Nice

bettigefecht: My sweetheart Uhyesplease.

me: Oh...your beta.

bettigefecht: Yes. We also collab'ed on a duet, did you hear?

me: No! Please tell me about it.

bettigefecht: Ah it's all on my YTC (Your True Colors) blog. http://bettimusictwilight.blogspot.com/

me: Ok...I think I read about something...haven't checked yet...but definitely will.

bettigefecht: Hawwt Eddy illustrations too.... Smexy. The duet is on youtube too.

me: I will check it out.

bettigefecht: There are quite a few singing talents in fandom.
I'm actually planning on a fandom all stars song.


me: That would be awesome...I could do interview for that...all of you...??

bettigefecht: Sure.
I have six singers already, really talented ones.



And that's it for the 'Official Interview" I will have a second session with Betti in a bit into the future to discuss other interests...her fic...the music all-stars...look for it exclusively here...

...here's a bit of an outtake, which took place as we closed…

me: I have to go for dinner...can we do this again? Continuation...that's really, really interesting...
bettigefecht: yeah, I'm having a ball
me: awesome...you're terrific...luv u
bettigefecht: {{hugs}}
me: thats SO pofessional HUH?
bettigefecht: LOL
you're totes business
me: Thanks, I really truly enjoy chattng with you
my claim to fame
bettigefecht: you can ping me anytime
me: OK--Have a good nite...and not too much sex!
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment