Author Interview - @flubbles

Soo…here we are again!






I am pleased as punch to be interviewing one of my favourite authors from my ‘early’ days in FanFiction. This story is so sweet, although it has a bit of a dark under-current. Edward is the new, handsome, famous author neighbor to Bella, a tormented housewife.

Please read this fic…it’s superbly written and will captivate your heart…



 Kris:  HELLO!!

 flubbles:  covers ears with hands Good Afternoon!

 Kris:  Ooopsie...sorry...I just thought that since you live, you know, way, way over the pond...and all...you might not be able to hear me...

 flubbles:  Fear not, sound seems to travel pretty well across the Atlantic!

 Kris:  so...(my usual drivel)..if there is anything rolls eyes that you don't want to answer...just say "no comment"...or some such journalistic mumbo-jumbo...

 flubbles:  Fine. I do actually have a lawyer present so feel free to go on

 Kris:  silence, extra long pause  giggles nervously clears throat

 flubbles:  gulps loudly sits up straight and awaits the interrogation

Kris:  I actually have a lawyer 'friend' that lives in England...
          sits proud, not intimidated

He does a great interpretation of Mr. Bean…

 flubbles:  blanches OK, I better say now that I'm lying...it's just me I'm afraid. I'm also at work, but it's been a pretty slow day so you should have my undivided attention. Btw I love Rowan Atkinson....v funny.

 Kris:  I agree--we always watch the dvd at the cottage in the summer.
You will have to bear with me, please, my morning coffee hasn't had the   chance to hit me yet...you'll know it when it does...

 flubbles:  Why will you start shouting again? smiles

 Kris:  Well...maybe...or some other silly things...

 flubbles:  reaches for cottonwool

 Kris:  You gave me a fair bit of ammunition yesterday on Twitter...

 flubbles:  oh....shit!

 Kris:  First question:

          Do you and ShinyVolvolurv have a 'thing' going on?

 flubbles:  She wishes! We have met in real-life...she couldn't keep her hands off me, but I didn't return her advances. I will say one thing, she has amazing baps!

 Kris:  I wish... imagination going wild

 I have seen them...she showcased them one day...Va-va...

 flubbles:  hangs head in shame I may have drunkenly touched them...I cannot be sure!

 Kris:  You drink?? I'm shocked!

 flubbles:  I'm rarely sober.

 Kris:  Something about the name 'flubbles'...you shouldn't be...js
           Are you drunk now?

 flubbles:  I make it a general rule not to be under the influence at work, but I'm not operating any heavy machinery and there is a bottle of unopened Real Ale on my desk stares at it longingly

 Kris:  Sorry...I think I might be hung over from last night...I keep losing my   chat window...my fingers are shaking...keep hitting wrong keys.

 flubbles:  Hung over? What was your tipple of choice?

 Kris:  ummm...(what the heck does ‘tipple’ mean?)

           Confession:  I don't drink....much…

Although my kids found the bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot in my wardrobe...and won't let me forget it...

 flubbles:  Ah so you hide your drinking from your family? I think we could be life-long friends grins

 Kris:  wide smile YES!!

 flubbles:  Good spelling so early in the morning btw

 Kris:  I'm just fast and can fix them equally fast...anyhow...

 The reason we are here...

I absolutely ADORE your story...shit...where did I put the title searching notes...

 flubbles:  crosses arms and tuts appropriately

 Kris:  Oh yeah...A Form of Escapism…got it!!

 flubbles:  That's the one!

 Kris:  And I had a bit of nostalgia when I went back to my PM's where I was harassing you about your long breaks between chapters...back on May 26...June 11...brought a tear to my eyes.

 flubbles:  cowers go on...

 Kris:  I just loved how gracious you were...and told me to go find some other author to pester...so sweet...

 flubbles:  Does sound like me. 

 Kris:  In my defense, I was a total babe (still am)...to FanFiction...

 flubbles:  I've no doubt.

 Kris:  it was probably the second or third story I had read up to then
 It was such a sweet story compared to my first - MoTU - nuff said?

 flubbles:  oh crap and then I go and say something rude to you. Sorry  I have a habit of speaking first and digging myself out of the hole later.


Sweet? Well I suppose in it's Englishness...MOTU is very good though. Was one of my first.

 Kris:  No disrespect to Icy... sweating ...but I had NEVER, EVER read anything like that before. I was shell-shocked...but oddly enough...I kept on reading...

 flubbles:  I can understand that, I had read some other BDSM fanfiction and found it captivating that Bella didn't really want to comply and discovered that it wasn't really for her. Quite refreshing in that aspect.

 Kris:  So...your truly amazing story...didn't even have a kiss...for 'real' until...CHAPTER 20 (!!!) until the 'imaginary' lemon in the bath with Bella...

 flubbles:  I tried to put a kiss in around chapter 11 but my betas made me take it out! I'm pretty grateful to them for that now.

 Kris:  Your betas... squinting ...what are their names...?

 flubbles:  I was going to have Edward kiss her when he caught her in the bath (I forget which actual chapter number that is),

Why? What are you planning on doing to them?

 Kris:  innocent look umm...nothing...

 flubbles:  xoEMC and JAustenlover are my wonderful betas. Although Icy did look at my first few chapters. She shouted at me lots. I'm quite grateful to her for that. I have issues with tenses!

 Kris:  Me as well...and love the name dropping huffs...

**shameless name-dropping for myself…Sebastien Robichaud read a few of my first chapters…sticks tongue out (but he didn’t shout at me)

 flubbles:  giggles thanks, I was hoping it was subtle but hey-ho.

 Kris:  I did have in my notes (still dry) to ask about that...

 flubbles:  Sorry - about what?

 Kris:  Noticed in you a/n's as it got further along that you spent half your story doing that...name dropping...it took you like 5 paragraphs...by the latter chapters..

 flubbles:  strikes your name off the a/n for chapter 21

 Kris:  You h00r!!   bats my lashes...just kidding... giggles

 flubbles:  strikes out placeholder for link to interview in a/n for chapter 21

 Kris:  Oh...but...wait...

 flubbles:  Go on...

 Kris:  sorry...my brain is... mush now...

Oh...I had forgotten this...you had named your Edward - "Englishward" ...I like that.That was cool...there are so many 'wards' out there now...have you seen/heard?

 flubbles:  Some people seem desperate to give their Edward's labels and an account of their own on twitter etc. Each to their own, but I don't really feel the need to maintain an account pretending to be "working in the orchard and having just put the kettle on". I think Orchardward was suggested, but that's a bit bloody lengthy in my opinion.

 Kris:  embarrassed ...I see...my fic has a 'ward'...

 flubbles:  I don't think there is anything wrong with it. A lot of readers seem to love it. I sometimes worry that I don't perhaps invest in this as much as I should. I.e. time spent online, pimping my nominations for awards etc.  But if people are interested they'll find the story in their own good time.

 Kris:  No, I totes agree with you...I don't either (mainly cuz mine's crap)...but ...

             What awards has your fic won?

 flubbles:  sniff none, but it's been nominated for some. I'm not really sure of which ones. I sincerely doubt your story is crap. The only bad thing about writing is that you practically stop reading fanfic.

There's some sparkly things that I have been nominated for actually.

 Kris:  Ooooh..love sparkly things...I would totally have voted if I knew where...No...I did vote...I remember now...

 flubbles:  Oh thank you 

 Kris:  I even wanted to interview you for a fan review site once quite a while ago...

 flubbles:  looks at you in confusion

 Kris:  Waaayyyy...before any of 'this'...

 flubbles:  What my story writing?

 Kris:  totally lost

Well...I wrote into some site (cannot remember which one) to get the chance to interview one's fave author...I picked you...does that clear any of your confusion? Are you sure you're not dipping into that Ale??

 flubbles:  No not dipping into the ale. Really me? Wow, I never heard anything about it. I'm clearly too small-fry. So is this why you created your own blog?

 Kris:  Now that I think back...maybe that's where the wheels (square ones - I'm that old) started turning...
I sort of stumbled (again - drunk) into it when I happened to tweet with Morgan Locklear one night (I think he was on the prowl) ...wait...who's doing the interviewing...?

 flubbles:  Yep sorry, I have a habit of prattling on...next question…

 Kris:  Do you have a formal writing background (ie. education)?

 flubbles:  No, none whatsoever! I have always loved reading. As a teenager I tried to write a story, but got bored and became unsure of how to end I, so I just killed off all the characters (I can't even remember what method I used now). I did my normal GCSEs and then studied a business course, before finishing college at 19 and then I got a summer job working for a publisher (known for writing the Oxford English Dictionary and a lot of Academic publications and classic literature). I guess my interest and better grasp of the english language and grammar did develop there.
I never attended University for financial and familial reasons, instead choosing to work full-time.

 Kris:  finger up ...wait...slow reader...

 flubbles:  no worries

 Kris:  Wow...you've done well...those betas must have their hands full...
(jk)   looking up betas' names again

 flubbles:  Some of my grammar is quite bad. I really struggle with the use of semi-colons. They do have their work cut out.

 Kris:  I don't like using semi-colons...it just doesn't look right to me...in a story.

 flubbles:  I never know when to, they always work it out for me. 

 Kris: ...and just my opinion...(non-educated)

So I scanned through some of the story before this and noticed that James, Bella's abusive/controlling husband, drank Stella Artois...'also known as the wife-beater' ...very clever (no question...)

 flubbles:  It's the drink of idiots especially over here. I never touch the stuff, I think it tastes horrid even as a shandy. Apparently in Belgium (where it's originally from Leuven I believe) it's meant to be very nice.

 Kris:  My hubs drinks it sometimes... lightbulb ...that figures...he's...GREAT!
Oh shit...I guess this is one interview he's not pre-reading...

 flubbles:  I'm just referring to the UK binge-drinking culture. Anyway that's getting a bit heavy. Next thing we'll talking about the proposed increase in taxation on premium strength alcohol sales in the UK!

 Kris:  Wow..no...let's not...that just sounds too intellectual for me.

 flubbles:  Quick question..will you edit out my typos in an effort to make me look more intelligent?

 Kris:  Pfftt.... laughing hysterically ....yeah?

 flubbles:  shrugs was worth a try...

 Kris:  Question #?? (I do not know why I always do this, I lose count...)

 flubbles:  Three I think...

 Kris:   Wow…three questions in one hour?? Pretty good!!

 Do your friends (other than Icy- rolls eyes) know that you write FF?

 flubbles:  None of my friends know. I told my mum (I'm not convinced she understood as she struggles to operate a mobile phone let alone a computer) and my boyfriend.

 Kris:  Your mum must be, like, (trying to sound young, hip) my age...you have a boyfriend?

 flubbles:  She is 57. Shock horror I do have a boyfriend...

 Kris:  ignoring age reference

          Does he read your story?

 flubbles:  Umm well, he only found out about my story when he caught me reading reviews on my mobile around ch7. So he asked if I was texting another man....so I had to come clean about my story.

 Kris:  I would have totes gone with the other man story...
          How did you manage to keep it secret that long?

 flubbles:  He has read it, he went and looked it up himself online. He doesn't really get the Twilight thing, but he said he thought it was well-written.

 Kris:  How/when did you get into Twilight? Did you see the movie first or read   the books?

 flubbles:  I used to write at work and if he went out to the pub.
I randomly found out about the twilight film online and I watched it on youtube in about twelve 10min installments. Then I went to the cinema on my own to see it. I then bought all the books and read them all before New Moon came out.

 Kris:  Would you consider yourself an extreme fan - a twihard (?) or is it twi-tard  coffee not working

 flubbles:  No I really wouldn't. I enjoy the films and the books, but Breaking Dawn pissed me off. I also lost a lot of respect for Ms. Meyer with the public announcements about not finishing Midnight Sun, but then releasing 'The Brief Uneventful Life of Bree Tanner' or something like that. I think Midnight Sun will hit the printing presses the moment her money starts to dwindle. I believe it's already written.

 Kris:  So...are you a fan of Robert Pattinson? What does the majority of Brits think of him? Are they protective? Do they like him?

 flubbles:  I appreciate that he is very good looking and I liked Remember me a lot. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I really don't think he's that famous over here. He's in a lot of the celebrity magazines. However the tabloids seems to have left him alone as he is pretty clean and scandal-free they're not that interested.
It's the character of Edward that I love and although Rob plays him well, I'm not Robsessed shall we say.

 Kris:  I felt that way as well...used to say that I loved the character Edward way more than Rob...

 flubbles:  Felt? Hmm what changed?

 Kris:  He does take a 'hot' photo...ummm...

 flubbles:  Oh he's definitely easy on the eye.

 Kris:  Those eyes...lips...chin…drooling

 flubbles:  fans you

 Kris: Thanks.

 flubbles:  He smokes though and that really puts me off. I hate smoking. It reeks!

 Kris:  I know...I hate it as well butts out fast
            no...I quit um...20 (gah) years ago...

 flubbles:  My Mum and Dad smoke and my boyfriend when he's had a drink. I hate it though.

 Kris:  How many hours/minutes do you spend writing say...per day/week?

 flubbles:  Umm I write in fits and starts. I can sit and write hundreds of words, or I can find that writing sentences is like pulling teeth. I write when I can, generally in the evenings and I spend more time re-reading and editing. It sort of pours out as a stream of consciousness and then I have to redpen.

 Kris:  Have you, or are you, reading any other FF right now?

 flubbles:  I am reading Pound of Flesh, I was reading Finding Bella and Hiding in Plain Sight (but they're both on hiatus now). I am a bit behind with Say Hello, Wave Goodbye, MOTU II and A Matter of Trust.

**something happened which I am not going to divulge, for fear of embarrassment, but all is good**

 Kris:  Thank you...I LOVE YOU

 flubbles:  blushes it's fine really.

 Kris: ...and I don't say that casually.  Anyway... hot ...

        I was just reading A Matter of Trust last night...

 flubbles:  Quietruby is lovely, we have skyped before.
 
                     It's more fun when you all have different accents.

 Kris:  Oh, cool...yes I've had a bit of a banter with her recently...she's been placating me about my feelings on my age...

Skype-ing would be cool...I have a friend I've skyped with from Georgia...the southern accent...love it... waves to Darci (@MsRobPattzMasen)

I love the English accent as well...sucking up

 flubbles:  Pfft just an accent, I don't think I even really have much of an accent, but anyway.

 Kris:  Well...I might have to be the judge... (that was a non-subtle hint, btw)

 flubbles:  Ahh I'm sure we'll be able to work something out. grins

 Kris:  Yay!! claps

 flubbles:  I do swear a lot though, so will have to make sure you don't have any young children around!

 Kris:  Before I run out of time...meaning you pull the plug...I have to say that this is truly a thrill for me...because you and your story have been with me all along my journey through ...

I do not have 'young' children... sigh

 flubbles:  I don't have any phew

 Kris:  I never ever dreamed that I'd get to chat with you...
          And to know that you're normal...a relief!
          Well...you know...as normal as one can be...
          Considering you're a    drinker...

 flubbles:  Please, you're just being silly now, we could've just chatted regardless of an interview. Normal...yep pretty much.

 Kris:  Aww...you are so nice.

 flubbles:  How many questions do you have left? If it's just a couple more I can spare a bit more time x

 Kris:  I love you more though...because of it...knowing the obstacles you must have to go through...

 Kris:  Okay...I'll release you...thank you soooo much!!!!!

 flubbles:  It was a pleasure.

 Kris:  All mine...
          Have a great day!!

 flubbles:  Have a good day yourself. x

 Kris:  XO


….and there was a whole lot more hugging and kissing that went on after…jk

Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment